Canopy | Senior Backend Engineer
Canopy is transforming oncology care to improve outcomes and quality of life for cancer patients. Our intelligent treatment platform leverages evidence-based treatment guidelines and proven proactive care processes to enable providers to deliver excellent patient care improving survival rates. With Canopy, providers optimize treatment, improve patient experience, and reduce suffering. As a result, providers are able to drive better outcomes and satisfaction and improve practice operations.
Canopy is a well-funded startup rapidly scaling across the US, with an expected scale of 2M patients on our platform by the end of 2022 — and we're just getting started!
About The Role
As a Senior Backend Engineer at Canopy, you'll join our team in Tel Aviv where you'll be working with a strong multi-disciplinary team of technologists and oncology professionals to bring new products to life.
We believe you should have full ownership of your work throughout the product life cycle, meaning you will:
- Design, build and ship meaningful products to empower cancer centers to offer proactive care for their patients, and get feedback from their clinicians
- Solve complex problems and build concurrent, scalable, and fault-tolerant processes
- Introduce infrastructure, research tools/libraries, lead and continuously improve our codebase
- Mentor other developers, lead code reviews, help maintain a high level of code
Help build a better treatment experience for cancer patients, at scale
You should have
- At least 4 years of hands-on engineering experience
- Understanding of software design principles and modern system architecture
- Experience writing SQL queries
- Experience working with AWS
Experience with Kubernetes – an advantage
You're right for this role if you
- Are passionate about doing good
- Are a self-motivated team player
- Are a confident decision maker
- Are an analytical thinker who is eager to learn from mistakes
- Understand the difference between inheritance and polymorphism, what a microservice is, and what INNER JOIN means in SQL queries
Are not afraid of gigabytes of data flowing into your system every day
Canopy has real impact on the lives of people who are suffering with cancer. Patients tell us that Canopy enables them to get the support they need during often harrowing cancer treatment. With Canopy, they feel "safer and better supported" by their care teams. Care teams rely on Canopy to help them scale and optimize support for cancer patients and users say they "couldn't imagine a time without Canopy supporting their patient engagement workflow." If you join Canopy, you will be part of having a true impact on the fastest growing chronic disease in the world.
Canopy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.